Old 27-07-2007, 02:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
John Vanini John Vanini is offline

Default Horseradish leaves

Thanks for that idea! I never thought of that.

The problem is digging up the root, cleaning and grating it and making the
sauce just for, probably, one meal.

Thinking about it, I really should look at ways of keeping the sauce for
much longer. After all, I'm buying jars of horseradish sauce at the moment
and they keep for weeks if not months.

So, my next exercise is to look for good recipes where the horseradish will
keep, if possible out of the fridge.

Thanks for that information, Ron.

Regards,

John

"®óñ© © ²°¹°-°³" wrote in message
On Thu, 26 Jul 2007 18:24:14 +0100, Zhang DaWei
wrote and included this (or some of this):

Id love to have some horseradish growing in our allotment. I really enjoy
it. However, the comment about eyes running when grating it, etc. is
completely true - I read somewhere of someone who unwisely used a
liquidiser to mince it up, and suffered the consequences along with a
kitchen that could not be entered for an hour or so without face and eye
masks on.

Last harvest of horseradish I had, I cleaned the roots and broke them
up into 6 inch pieces which I then stored in re-sealable bags in a
deep freeze.

When I wanted some prepared, I took out a few roots and put them in a
processor once they were partly thawed. No streaming eyes, no
assaulted nose, no problemmo.

--
®óñ© © ²°¹°-°³