Old 27-07-2007, 02:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
John Vanini John Vanini is offline

Default Horseradish leaves

Hi Dawei,

The first and only time, I grated my own horseradish, I sat indoors, at the
kitchen table and went for it, like an idiot - but then I didn't know how
strong they were.

I couldn't believe how my eyes, nose, and throat stung! I had difficulty
breathing becaue the fumes were so strong and it took ages afterwrads for
the pains to go away and my eyes, etc., clear!

Next time, it's in the open air, outside!

Regards,

John

"Zhang DaWei" wrote in message
-uwief...
Id love to have some horseradish growing in our allotment. I really enjoy
it. However, the comment about eyes running when grating it, etc. is
completely true - I read somewhere of someone who unwisely used a
liquidiser to mince it up, and suffered the consequences along with a
kitchen that could not be entered for an hour or so without face and eye
masks on.

Dawei
--
Zhang DaWei: United Kingdom
Use the Reply-to field. Remove the "feiwu-" at the front of the email