Old 27-07-2007, 04:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Emery Davis Emery Davis is offline

Default glyphosate

On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 17:17:13 +0200
Martin wrote:

[]
The EU has directed that bottles containing sulfites must be labeled.

Interesting, I hadn't seen that. Directive?

Means that every bottle of wine (which by EU directive is only made from
Vitis vinifera and no other fruit!) will contain the mention "contains sulfites."

[]
AIUI, the more sulfites the more the chance of headaches

Yes!

Lots of anecdotal evidence.

and the cheaper the
white wine the more sulfites?

Yes!

I'd be interested if you can provide any evidence to back up this claim. I've
certainly never seen any studies plotting sulfites against price.

Other additives, like oak chips, may be giving you headaches in white cheapies.

Or so I was told in USA some years ago,
though not by a wine grower.
snip

I took me a long time to work out that it was high levels of sulfites that gave
me pains in my stomach that last for a day.
Some beers contain it too.

How did you know that the wines (or beers) in question had higher levels of
sulfites than any other? Perhaps something else was the culprit, I wonder.

-E

--
Emery Davis
You can reply to ecom