Old 27-07-2007, 03:57 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Hal[_1_] Hal[_1_] is offline

Default Lotus bloom

On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 21:05:36 CST, cnb
wrote:

We have just been thru a 100 year rain month in Texas.

I've been thinking about all of you and the fun you must be having
with all the rain. I lived in Texas for about 10 years, but I
escaped.

Before the rain my Lotus was up just fine. I was getting about 5 or 6
blossoms a day. The three sections of lotus are up to as much as 6
feet tall now, I think there were only 5 blossoms out today.

The plants are in a bog and along about 10 feet of the edge of a 5000
gallon pond. They were so successful last year that I had to reduce
the population during the winter.

They sure are pretty.

I'm sure they are pretty and wish I had that kind of place to grow
them.

Regards,

Hal