Old 01-04-2003, 03:20 PM
lms

Default best roses for Albuquerque, NM

In article ,
says...

I have one here, but not for me. I have all of ..maybe half dozen HT's
now. Proud of me for overcoming my prejudice? I like naked roses
pictures, btw, mostly so I can remember how I pruned em this year so I
can see if it makes the slightest bit of difference.

in a lot of ways they're very illuminating. put em up for awhile, then nuke
em when the color starts arriving. real world rosing, things brown half the
time.

the landscape is noticeably different this year, even the horseshoers

noticed
it, said things looked more 'open' for some reason. yeah, new chainsaw.

LOL. Ever since I read about Liggett's pneumatic pruners, I've wanted
'em. I saw them on some internet site somewhere, many 100's of dollars
(is $1200 possible?). The first 125 roses are fine, but the last 25
are likely to get either no pruning or a vicious "grab halfway up and
hack" attack. So I appreciate the chainsaw need. Plus bonus points for
power tools, of course. Didya hear about my jack hammer?

heh. jack hammer. no.

,,, didn't have any more close calls after that
but it is scary hearing and feeling that final craaaack when a big one goes
down.

Doesn't count unless you hit your truck or your dog. We pinched ours.
That was not good. We let it go.

sat there for a long time on one, wondering what it was going to do to the
toyota. might hit it, might not, you know. it hit it, yeah, fell across the
bed, perfect.

the closest I can get to Safrano is Sharon's Delight and it's doing fine,
thanks. the half of it that whitedog dug up year before last, I planted it
in an exposed location and it no likee, needs something behind it to catch
the rays and keep it warm, here, that is a section of 4' 1 x 12 fence.

Ya know, I caught my dog chewing on a Dortmund cane to get to a tennis
ball. I mean, can you imagine if that happening to Sharon's Delight? I
need roses that can defend themselves. FDY does it just fine.

on the north side I left the remains of Dr. Harry Stebbings, several dead
canes--big dog chew toy. I guess I'll need another one when it's gone.

Making that
pilgrimage to the Vintage Gardens FDY today, might ask to steal a
cutting because theirs is better and different from mine,

http://home.earthlink.net/%7Ecbernst...AY/26Mar03.jpg

a phenomenally good and missing link. how do these things happen?

I don't know what that means.

means I didn't have ROSEOFTHEDAY linked on the ol page, had to fix dat.