Old 28-07-2007, 04:34 AM
matthewmushroom matthewmushroom is offline
Registered User

Exclamation "Multiple Houseplant Mushroom Invasion" - Please Help!

Hello fellow gardener

I appear to have bought a contaminated batch of Asda Smartprice compost. In repotting several plants I'm now seeing the prolific fruition of a cream to brown coloured fungus. A mass influx of tiny off-white protrusions from the soil of my houseplants became heavy clusters of diarrhoea coloured fungus, up to 3 cm diameter, close to the base of the afficted plants. These 'shrooms are showing no mercy.

I suspect we are dealing with the famous "Honey Fungus", but am in need of some closure. I'd be eternally grateful for some expert advice on the subject. I have several images which I can email.

Thanks for reading.

Matt