Old 28-07-2007, 07:24 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Larry Stoter Larry Stoter is offline

Default Cure for Knotweed?

A.Lee wrote:

I've been asked to have a look at some Japanese Knotweed, to see if I
can clear it.
My first reaction was 'no', as I know what a pain they can be to clear,
but I said I'd give it some thought, and get back to them if I can find
an economic way to clear it.

So, are there any tips to get rid, or should they 'call a bloke out?'

Thanks
Alan.

I have heard a Wildlife Trust ranger commenting that he considers the
sucessful removal of Japanese Knotweed as the only legitimate peaceful
use for nuclear weapons .....

Since, if that approach is tried, George Bush will invade, I'd suggest a
'bloke' - armed with a JCB :-)
--
Larry Stoter