Old 28-07-2007, 01:04 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Joe[_9_] Joe[_9_] is offline

Default market for old lawn tractors?

Just curious, but is there much of a market for used lawn tractors? I
occasionally see an adv. but I don't know how to price it. I have a 6 year
old Craftsman tractor mower I got at Sears. It has a 48" cut- it was one of
the better models at the time. It's engine clock is at 195 hours and I've
been doing all the required maintenance- religiously.

I don't know if 195 hours on such a machine is considered a great deal?
How's that compare to a car- that is, is it like a car with 100,000 miles on
it?

I think I paid about $2,300 for it. I have a house sale contract in effect-
that property has a 3 acre lawn- not sure if the prospective buyer has a
mower, though I'm just asked the broker to find out. If he doesn't have one
I'm sure he'd like mine- but I'd like to get the max. price and have no
clue.

Any suggestions on would be appreciated.

Joe