Old 28-07-2007, 11:05 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.food+drink.misc
[email protected] judith.lea@googlemail.com is offline

Default "Red Wine headache"

On Jul 28, 5:58 am, "Cerumen" wrote:
"Sacha" wrote in message

. uk...

On 27/7/07 18:42, in article ,
"Cerumen" wrote:

" wrote in
message
roups.com...
On Jul 27, 5:58 pm, Sacha wrote:

Ah well, I'm sure they have Nurofen in Ireland, too! BTW, the
Dioralyte
mentioned to Mike when Carol was ill, is also good for hangovers. ;-)

They do, you just ask for ibruprofen.

I never use pain killers or patent medicines but even if I did am
forbidden
ibuprofen because of my sailing activities.

?? Not good for people with ulcers I know, or asthma, I think.

In the list of banned substances for dope testing for athletes, or was
anyway, they keep changing the list.
Not very good for the digestive system either I think although I don't have
ulcers no idea about it's effect on asthma..

I take it, on prescription in tablet and gel form. Cervical spine 5
and 6 have crumbled and without ibruprofen I would be unable to
function. As with everything, there is a risk, calculating and
assessing that risk and trying to live a life as full as one's health
alllows is the norm. In my case I am extremely lucky as I can control
my pain and symptoms and if my stomach aches sometimes because of it,
I can live with that.

Judith