Old 01-04-2003, 03:44 PM
Mike

Default Conservatories

In article , Mike
writes

1) The Guarantee. Question as to whether 'you' or the Conservatory
carries the guarantee. A good Guarantee is the conservatory itself and
you can pass that on if/when you sell within the 10 years.

Just found the following.

Contract Number 4993

'Dear Mr and Mrs Crowe.

Re Installation at the above address

We trust that the units installed by our Company on 25th November 02 are
to your satisfaction.

In the event of you moving house please pass this Guarantee on to the
new owner, as we can only react to a service call on receipt of a
contract number.

etc

etc.

The windows/units are insured, not the householder.

Not a lot of people know that fact and I only discovered it myself a
short while ago. A 'Cheaper' company might only insure 'you'.

Mike

Forthcoming reunions. Royal Navy Social Weekend Sussex May 2nd - 5th.
H.M.S.Collingwood Association Chatham May 30th - June 2nd
British Pacific Fleet Hayling Island Sept 5th - 8th
Castle Class Corvettes Assn. Isle of Wight. Oct 3rd - 6th. Plus many more