Old 28-07-2007, 05:36 PM posted to rec.gardens
Billy Rose Billy Rose is offline

Default "Multiple Houseplant Mushroom Invasion" - Please Help!

In article ,
matthewmushroom wrote:

Hello fellow gardener

I appear to have bought a contaminated batch of Asda Smartprice
compost. In repotting several plants I'm now seeing the prolific
fruition of a cream to brown coloured fungus. A mass influx of tiny
off-white protrusions from the soil of my houseplants became heavy
clusters of diarrhoea coloured fungus, up to 3 cm diameter, close to
the base of the afficted plants. These 'shrooms are showing no mercy.

I suspect we are dealing with the famous "Honey Fungus", but am in need
of some closure. I'd be eternally grateful for some expert advice on the
subject. I have several images which I can email.

Thanks for reading.

Matt

No university near you with a mycologist? How about asking Asda
Smartprice what the contaminant is? I don't know about chemists in the
U.K. but in France the pharmacist can identify a mushroom for you.

Bugger Bush.
--
FB - FFF

Billy