Old 28-07-2007, 05:36 PM posted to rec.gardens
Sheldon[_1_] Sheldon[_1_] is offline

Default "Multiple Houseplant Mushroom Invasion" - Please Help!

On Jul 27, 11:34?pm, matthewmushroom matthewmushroom.
wrote:
Hello fellow gardener

I appear to have bought a contaminated batch of Asda Smartprice
compost. In repotting several plants I'm now seeing the prolific
fruition of a cream to brown coloured fungus. A mass influx of tiny
off-white protrusions from the soil of my houseplants became heavy
clusters of diarrhoea coloured fungus, up to 3 cm diameter, close to
the base of the afficted plants. These 'shrooms are showing no mercy.

I suspect we are dealing with the famous "Honey Fungus", but am in need
of some closure. I'd be eternally grateful for some expert advice on the
subject.

Fry 'shrooms with onions and grill a large porterhouse.