Old 28-07-2007, 05:58 PM posted to alt.home.repair,rec.gardens
SteveB SteveB is offline

Default Solar landscape lights

"Dave" wrote in

Dearest Sheldon,
I live in a rural area. The postal service has a form for specifying
delivery on private property of parcels, rather than holding for pickup.
Mine is the front porch. They usually deliver parcels outside of the
detached garage not visible from the street as I've fenced in the yard
since, and have 2 nice dogs. Sometimes they leave it by the front gate as
Fedex and UPS does. Don't tell the local postal inspector, otherwise I'll
have fill out another form.

Some real life experience goes along way. I didn't look at the weblink as
my personal mail and parcels are not of a business nature indicated by the
weblink. I know both of my rural carriers by first name. They are both
happy that they can put mail in my mailbox from the easement instead from
the road proper. A haven from what little traffic exists.

Oh. The pickup notice. That's normal unless you've filled out the proper
form for delivery to another location on the property.

Sorry to see you don't know how to use a newsreader, Google groups
instead.
Your welcome for all the education.
Hope you've taken your medications today.
Dave

Wow, I guess they would have to shoot my carrier. We have a box at the
street. When we have deliveries, or prelabled packages to be picked up, we
leave an orange placard that says so. In order for the postman to do this,
he has to go beside our garage, open a metal gate, go into a courtyard with
a Lab/Rott mix dog and a Corgi, pick them up, sign the receipt, and leave.
If they're delivering, they just put them there on a table.

We used to do ebay, and at times had ten or fifteen packages there. Every
once in a while, we get a new carrier for a day, and we have to help them
through the process, but not ONE has refused to pick up or leave in the side
yard. We still get and send a lot of packages, and no problems.

Yeah, right. We're going to leave ten packages at the curb until the
postman comes.

Hope the gummint don't find out about this.

Steve