Old 28-07-2007, 03:59 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Rachael Simpson Rachael Simpson is offline

Default butterbeans

wrote:
On Jul 26, 5:10 pm, rachael simpson
wrote:
hi y'all,

i am trying to help my mom find a type of butterbean. was wondering if
y'all could help....

my step-dad says that when he was a kid they grew a type of butterbean
that when boiled, the beans and the water would turn blue. we thought
that he was talking about speckled butterbeans, but he insists that's
not them. does anyone know what type of butterbeans he's remembering?
would love to try to find some to buy for him.

thanks,
rae

If it was really a butterbean (lima) try Jackson Wonder. Used as green
shell, they turn what I call a slate grey, but some some folks might
consider it blue.

Thanks! Will do
Appreciate the info.
Rae