Old 28-07-2007, 03:09 PM posted to austin.gardening
cat daddy cat daddy is offline

Default Nationwide drought index for July

"jOhN" wrote in message
. net...
Dave wrote:
"cat daddy" wrote in message

This is just weird...

http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/product...ing/palmer.gif

No... Its not.
http://lwf.ncdc.noaa.gov/oa/climate/...ht/palmer.html

Dave

explain please

Yeah, it's a bit difficult to deduce the point he's trying to make.

There is this: "It is possible for a region to experience a long-term
circulation pattern that produces drought, and to have short-term changes in
this long-term pattern that result in short-term wet spells."

For those following along, my statement that it's weird was regarding the
rare "short-term wet spell" we have been experiencing, as well as the severe
drought conditions in the SE.