Old 28-07-2007, 04:06 PM posted to austin.gardening
cat daddy cat daddy is offline

Default Nationwide drought index for July

"jOhN" wrote in message
et...
cat daddy wrote:
"jOhN" wrote in message
. net...

Dave wrote:

"cat daddy" wrote in message

This is just weird...

http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/product...ing/palmer.gif

No... Its not.

http://lwf.ncdc.noaa.gov/oa/climate/...ht/palmer.html

Dave

explain please

Yeah, it's a bit difficult to deduce the point he's trying to make.

There is this: "It is possible for a region to experience a long-term
circulation pattern that produces drought, and to have short-term

changes in
this long-term pattern that result in short-term wet spells."

For those following along, my statement that it's weird was regarding

the
rare "short-term wet spell" we have been experiencing, as well as the

severe
drought conditions in the SE.

Let's see, 500 year flood, annual average rainfall by mid-year, not
being able to swing a dead cat by the tail without hitting some record
breaking weather event - that's weird in my book

2. Of a strikingly odd or unusual character; strange.

Yep. We may need to bring in a HAL 9000 to see what's wrong with Dave.