Old 28-07-2007, 07:04 PM posted to austin.gardening
Omelet Omelet is offline

Default Please help ID these "vines"

In article ,
B. Server wrote:

On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 09:59:37 -0500, Omelet
wrote:

In article ,
Steve Wertz wrote:

On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 08:11:22 -0500, Omelet wrote:

I don't find Virginia Creeper to be ugly at all. The leaf shape is very
pleasing to the eye.

In the right spot, and evenly distributed, it can be nice. But I
think most of the patches I see are unwanted and random. Plus I
think there are much better looking ivies if it's an intended
decoration.

Just my $.02.

-sw

Right now I have honeysuckle but it's getting choked out by the mustang
grapes. We mercilessly pruned those last weekend.

I also have asian jasmine and english ivy.

Speaking of which; does anyone have any ideas about how to KILL
mustang grapes once they are established and climbing trees?
Naturally, the point is for the trees to survive, but short of that
anything goes.

_BS

Cut them off at the base, then go from there.

I've never yet had them root from runners but they are not touching the
ground either.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.