Old 28-07-2007, 11:57 PM posted to rec.gardens
Tom Tom is offline

Default Bending an oak tree

I think the tree can be saved, I do not know why, but the tree has
been sprouting new shoots off the trunk since is was bent. I really
think the tree was pushed and stuck under the other tree, yet it has
done very well considering its situation. It seems strong and willing
to grow. I do not think it is limp. Looking at the old pictures of
the other tree that fell, nothing hit the trunk, or broke off any
branches, it just got shoved under the other tree. The real question
is whether it can be repositioned using a cable system?

Tom