Old 29-07-2007, 12:07 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Salmon Egg Salmon Egg is offline

Default HR passes farm bill......

On 7/28/07 5:48 AM, in article , "rachael
simpson" wrote:

WASHINGTON, D.C. - The U.S. House of Representatives today passed a new
Farm Bill that makes historic investments in fruit and
vegetable production, conservation, nutrition and renewable energy while
maintaining a strong safety net for America's farmers and
ranchers.

"This Farm Bill is about much more than farms. It is about the food we
eat, the clothes we wear, and increasingly the fuel we will
use. It assures that we will have a safe, strong food supply now and for
years to come," Chairman Peterson said.

"I am proud of the balanced and forward-looking Farm Bill that we have
passed supporting conservation, nutrition, rural, renewable
energy, labor, and farm country."

With all the English teacher similes and similar claptrap eztolling the
great virtues of this bill, I still do not know who gets the money and why.
Is there a FAQ that outlines the guts of the bill with a list of screwers
and screwees?

Bill
--
If intelligent design trumps evolution, please explain hemorrhoids.