Old 28-07-2007, 08:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Les Hemmings Les Hemmings is offline

Default Cure for Knotweed?

A.Lee wrote:
I've been asked to have a look at some Japanese Knotweed, to see if I
can clear it.
My first reaction was 'no', as I know what a pain they can be to
clear, but I said I'd give it some thought, and get back to them if I
can find an economic way to clear it.

So, are there any tips to get rid, or should they 'call a bloke out?'

Thanks
Alan.

I've watched the council try and fail dismally. Sharkham Point, Brixham.
They cut down, weedkilled, burnt with flamethrowers and repeated this
process twice to my knowledge. The next season you wouldn't know they'd been
there.

It's also illegal to transplant I think...

Les

--
Remove Frontal Lobes to reply direct.

"These people believe the souls of fried space aliens inhabit their
bodies and hold soup cans to get rid of them. I should care what they
think?"...Valerie Emmanuel

Les Hemmings a.a #2251 SA