Old 28-07-2007, 11:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
CWatters CWatters is offline

Default Introducing myself..

wrote in message
oups.com...
On 28 Jul, 19:16, "CWatters"
wrote:
I lived in Belgium for 7 years. The Belgians come to England to look at

the
gardens but I think theirs are better.

I've been to http://www.jardins.dannevoie.be/
and the Chateau d'Enghien.

Both worth visiting.

I was thinking of personal gardens. There were several houses in our road
that had very ornate box hedging in the front garden - all immaculately
manicured.

Slightly OT but...

Where we lived you didn't need to make an appointment to see a doctor - you
just turned up and waited. On one occasion there was nobody in the waiting
room when arrived but I still had to wait - just while the doctor washed her
hands and put her white coat on. Her surgery was a room on the side of her
house and she'd been outside gardening. Somehow I can't see that happening
in the UK.