Old 28-07-2007, 10:34 AM posted to rec.gardens
George.com George.com is offline

Default Free Hay mulch

"rachael simpson" wrote in message
Cheryl Isaak wrote:
On 7/28/07 5:59 AM, in article ,

"George.com"
wrote:

A couple of nights ago whilst driving home on the open road I found 2

bales
of hay. I managed to get them in the car & figured I had saved myself

$20,
$10 a bale is about right.

$10/bale???? I hope that's for Alfalfa, or Timothy at that price....

no, grass hay. The animal feed store at the borth of the city sells them for
$10 a pop. If you want to drive put into the country you can get them
cheaper from the farmer. I will do neither. 2 free bales just looked too
good to pass up. Any thistles will germinate at their peril. Must have been
a mid summer cut of hay judging by the thistle heads. The prickles do keep
the dogs off the garden though.

rob