Old 29-07-2007, 06:09 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Billy Rose Billy Rose is offline

Default Worse tomatoe plants ever?

In article .com,
dbasedos wrote:

I covered the garden with leave and grass mulch last fall. Tilled
more in this spring. I will get organic fertilizer this fall and
stink up the neighborhood. Can I also add 10-10-10 to the hole before
placing new plants in next spring?

No chemicals. They hurt the life in the soil. Read "Teaming with
Microbes" from your local library (ignore the pH screw-up on pages
41-42, if it is the first edition) or Amazon.com. Manure, compost, fish
emulsion are the basics. Manure tea, compost tea, and kelp spray are
also helpful but forget N-P-K. When planting add bone meal, manure, and
compost to hole, otherwise spread on soil and work in lightly before or
while planting.
--
FB - FFF

Billy