Old 29-07-2007, 09:50 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike' 'Mike' is offline

Default OT OT Excel ??????

"'Mike'" wrote in message

"Adrian" wrote in message
Hi Mike

On Sun, 29 Jul 2007 09:24:00 +0100, "'Mike'"
wrote:

I wish to put numbers in a cell which commence with a '0'. For example
067
but when I go to the next cell, the number reverts to just 67.

I can get over it by putting an 'O' (capital o), but this then does not
Data
Sort properly.

Can anyone help please?

At a guess (don't have time this morning to 'play' !) -
but right-click the cell and select 'format cells' (on my very elderly
copy of Excel).

There should be an option there that will do what you want - maybe
'text' - you need to convince Excel that it deosn't need to remove the
leading zero...

Hope this helps
Adrian

Mike

BRILLIANT!!!!

Very many thanks to both of you. It works ;-))

I have a load of data which I can now add to and write a book, the data of
which can be transposed into many different tabular ways before going to
the printers :-))

Thanks again

Mike

As an add on to this, I have just shown Joan what you have taught me and she
is thrilled to bits as well. She has a vast collection of Gardening Books
and is Collating then, but was having trouble with the ISBN numbers. She can
now steam ahead with that project.

Thanks from Joan as well.

Mike

Reunion Bournemouth August/September 2007
www.rneba.org.uk