Old 29-07-2007, 01:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
CWatters CWatters is offline

Default Red Sunflowers

"pearle76" wrote in message
news

Hi,

I'm very new to growing plants from seeds and I've started with growing
red sunflowers from seeds. All was going well during the first few weeks
now I'm not very sure what to do as they've grown so tall about 2 and a
half feet.
The stem is also very thin still, not sure if thats how it should be.

Can someone please advise me if they are going to grow more tall and
when should I expect them to flower. Will the stem gain more body and
how often do I need to feed the plant food.

Any response is really appreciated and thanks in advance.

I might be wrong but don't they grow to a similiar height as yellow
sunflowers. Our yellow ones are about 3 to 4 foot high just now. We have
tied them to stakes gently using fury/fluffy ties the garden centers sell.
No flowers yet.