Old 29-07-2007, 04:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
aquachimp aquachimp is offline

Default Red Sunflowers

On Jul 28, 5:06 pm, pearle76
wrote:
Hi,

I'm very new to growing plants from seeds and I've started with growing
red sunflowers from seeds. All was going well during the first few weeks
now I'm not very sure what to do as they've grown so tall about 2 and a
half feet.
The stem is also very thin still, not sure if thats how it should be.

Can someone please advise me if they are going to grow more tall and
when should I expect them to flower. Will the stem gain more body and
how often do I need to feed the plant food.

Any response is really appreciated and thanks in advance.

--
pearle76

I think I see what's confusing Sasha.
Feeding a plant is fine. As long as the "food" is not say, steak and
kidney pie.
One does not need to feed (the) plant food.
Plant food does not require feeding, but is fed to plants.
(you did say any replies and I'm just jeolous my sunflowers have been
gobbled up)