Old 29-07-2007, 08:39 PM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] wanghu788@yahoo.com is offline

Default Raspberry Plants

Hi! ...I've got a newbie question here. This morning my wife, in a bit
of over-zealous cleaning up, snipped a large number of red raspberry
plants to the ground in an area next to the house. I live in Southern
California. I know that pruning back berries is normal in winter...but
are these berries toast without any leaves to support them in
summer...or will they come back? Without a root structure, are the
stalks replantable? Anything I can put in the ground to help them
along? Thanks for any advice.