Old 29-07-2007, 09:22 PM posted to rec.gardens
Amos Nomore Amos Nomore is offline

Default Raspberry Plants

In article .com,
wrote:

Hi! ...I've got a newbie question here. This morning my wife, in a bit
of over-zealous cleaning up, snipped a large number of red raspberry
plants to the ground in an area next to the house. I live in Southern
California. I know that pruning back berries is normal in winter...but
are these berries toast without any leaves to support them in
summer...or will they come back? Without a root structure, are the
stalks replantable? Anything I can put in the ground to help them
along? Thanks for any advice.

I wouldn't worry about replanting the canes. Raspberries are very tough
plants and they will put out new shoots from the ground this summer and
next year will come raging back like mad.