Old 01-04-2003, 05:08 PM
Wayfarer

Default HOA pounds lady over Wildscape - write Austin HB 645!

In FACT there were neither -- both are rental houses (which I did not know
when I bought) and there has been a changeover for the worse. The economy
is partly to blame for the sprouting up of businesses out of the home, and I
can understand and tolerate that in the hopes that they go away when people
are able to find jobs.

In FACT I have a right to protect the value of my single biggest
investment -- my home, and after fighting Williamson County over the top
appraisals for the last several years -- I am acutely aware of how much
money trashy people on my street cost me in resell value: $10.70 a square
foot!!

In FACT I have a right to live without property next to me that draws rats,
breeds mosquitoes because of standing water and the variety of other health
hazards the pictures of that woman's yard immediately bring to mind.

In FACT people are aware when they buy into a neighborhood with a HOA that
they are doing so and by doing so agree to live by those rules -- if they
choose not to then she should live someplace else rather than lying. She
knew about the restrictions when she bought, she knew about them when she
created the problem and she knew when she lied to the judge and flaunted yet
again any respect for anyone else! This is NOT a naturalist or gardener but
a liar who obviously and repeated has done so with contempt for anyone but
herself.

--
Marta
(if you email me directly you need to remove the X )