Old 30-07-2007, 12:11 PM posted to rec.gardens
Cheryl Isaak Cheryl Isaak is offline

Default Transplanting Hens and Chicks

On 7/29/07 10:02 PM, in article ,
"Phisherman" wrote:

On Sun, 29 Jul 2007 09:40:36 -0400, Cheryl Isaak
wrote:

On 7/28/07 5:49 PM, in article
,
"Eigenvector" wrote:

If I have some hens and chicks flowering right now and want to take some of
the seeds or new plants to another part of the yard - how would I do it?
The flowers don't really look like anything you could pick a seed from and
plant in the ground - in fact the flowers look like seeds anyway.

All I ever have to do is take a few offshoots and nestle them in dirt with a
few rocks around them. Love those things when they bloom. So odd..

Mine have spread over a 2-foot area in the last 10+ years, confined by
stone and a wooden border in a sunny hot location. It is hardy in
most areas. I care little for it and it has never bloomed.
:-(

You can send them all here. I love giving them away to the local kids to
start their own gardens..