Old 30-07-2007, 08:34 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Jan Flora Jan Flora is offline

Default Raspberry Plants

In article .com,
wrote:

Hi! ...I've got a newbie question here. This morning my wife, in a bit
of over-zealous cleaning up, snipped a large number of red raspberry
plants to the ground in an area next to the house. I live in Southern
California. I know that pruning back berries is normal in winter...but
are these berries toast without any leaves to support them in
summer...or will they come back? Without a root structure, are the
stalks replantable? Is there anything I should put in the ground to
help them? Thanks for any advice.

Raspberry plants are pretty danged tough. I'd be surprised if they
didn't come back in fine shape.

You could try to get the stalks to root, but I have absolutely
no idea if it would work. (Hopefully one of the Master Gardeners
will know something...)

Jan