Old 30-07-2007, 11:27 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mark[_6_] Mark[_6_] is offline

Default Petrol and oil

"Uncle Marvo" wrote in message
, I, Marvo, say :

I've got a petrol lawnmower and a petrol hedge trimmer.
Now I'm not telling you that to brag!

Lawnmower likes its petrol straight and hedge trimmer prefers a dash
of oil.
Rather than have two cans on the go could I just have one 'petrol
plus oil' can and refuel both machines or do you think it would upset
the lawn mower.
This also means that I get a faster turnover of petrol so that it is
less likely to go stale.

When you say "prefers a drop of oil" is one (or both) of these things a
2-stroke? If not, what sort of a drop of oil does it prefer?

Hedgecutter is two stroke. Have been using synthetic oil.

mark