Old 30-07-2007, 11:40 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Uncle Marvo Uncle Marvo is offline

Default Petrol and oil

, I, Marvo, say :

On Mon, 30 Jul 2007 11:27:55 +0100, "Mark"
wrote:

"Uncle Marvo" wrote in message
in , I, Marvo,
say :

I've got a petrol lawnmower and a petrol hedge trimmer.
Now I'm not telling you that to brag!

Lawnmower likes its petrol straight and hedge trimmer prefers a
dash of oil.
Rather than have two cans on the go could I just have one 'petrol
plus oil' can and refuel both machines or do you think it would
upset the lawn mower.
This also means that I get a faster turnover of petrol so that it
is less likely to go stale.

When you say "prefers a drop of oil" is one (or both) of these
things a 2-stroke? If not, what sort of a drop of oil does it
prefer?

Hedgecutter is two stroke. Have been using synthetic oil.

Depends on the mix but it will probably oil up the plug of the lawn
mower.

Try it.

I wouldn't put it in the lawn mower unless you like blue smoke.