Old 30-07-2007, 12:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
A.Lee A.Lee is offline

Default Brown patches on conifer hedge ?

Barry wrote:

I have a conifer hedge about 70 yds long
between myself and the people next door.

I have only been in this house a short while and Im just about ready to give
it its annual trim on my side............and have noticed that there is a
patch of brown (dead )
foliage on top of the hedge about a yeard square.

Clearly we would love to "nip this in the bud" has anyone got any ideas what
may be causing this
and any ideas on a possible treatment.

Red spider mite is a known cause of conifers dying off:
http://www.ashwood-nurseries.co.uk/i...ontent&task=vi
ew&id=10&Itemid=5

Very difficult to see them with the naked eye, and you'd think something
so small couldnt cause such damage.

Alan.