Old 30-07-2007, 04:09 PM posted to rec.gardens
FragileWarrior FragileWarrior is offline

Default Do seeds have to ripen on the plant?

Or can the seed pod/flower head be cut off and hung to dry after it is
formed? I'm thinking of things like Bread-seed Poppy, Balsam, Echinacea,
Sunflower, etc. I can't think straight anymore but I'd like to gather some
seeds from my garden before I move.

Heck, I'd like my Moonflower to finally bloom just ONCE before I go.

And, while I think about it, how can I move my Batik Iris? Can I dig them
up now, cut back the leaves and... what? Let them dry? Put them in dry
peat to move? Move them in clumps of earth in a bucket and keep them damp?
I love those things. I'm not leaving them behind to get mowed down.