Old 30-07-2007, 02:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike' 'Mike' is offline

Default OT OT Excel ??????

"Uncle Marvo" wrote in message
, I, Marvo, say :

"Uncle Marvo" wrote in message
, I, Marvo, say :

"Uncle Marvo" wrote in
message ...
, I, Marvo, say :

Shouldn't your email address read 3s&6d?

:-)

My, you are a youngster then :-))

I wish.

3d & 6d mean nothing to you? Woolies mean nothing to you? ;-)

3/6d does. I thought Woolies was a penny, once :-)

Innocence of youth ;-)

I wish.

"Woolworths The 3d and 6d Stores"

All in red bold rounded 3D letters on a cream background. I can see
it now. The stores in their distinctive Cream and Red decor and fancy
ceilings. I can see the one at Kingston on Thames where I lived at
the time :-) Very early 1940's era ;-)

Good memory. I remember Woolies well, I was a "Saturday Boy" in the
Guildford one when in the sixth form. They went decimal while I was there,
and I remember the lady on the fruit and veg, Peggy her name was, she used
to say "ten noo, please" instead of "two bob". Confused, we all were.

Threepence and sixpence. Those were the days. The days before I was born,
I think :-)

By Jove you've got me digging back now! I can see the sign over the stores,

3d ..... F.W.WOOLWORTH ......6d

all in red on a cream background and I believe a framework

Sorry sonny, you're toooooo young to remember ;-)

Best wishes

Old Mike

Reunion Bournemouth August/September 2007
www.rneba.org.uk