Old 30-07-2007, 09:33 PM posted to rec.gardens
George Shirley George Shirley is offline

Default clogged drainpipes!!! :o(

billiebobuk wrote:

My drainpipes and gutters are forever getting clogged with leaves and
moss etc, anyone got any helpful, hassle-free hints to stop this
happening!????

I've heard about drainpipe filters, www.drainpipe.biz, are they any
good?

Cheers )

Never saw that one before so can't swear it will or won't work. Odds are
good you will still get the clog and now water will be diverted at all.
Best way I've see is to have something at the top of the drainpipe to
keep stuff from going down in it. Wire screening or something of that
nature. Some companies in the USA sell a wire or plastic screen to cover
the top of the rain gutter itself that pretty much stops clogging. Might
be your best bet to look for something like that in the UK. HTH

George