Old 30-07-2007, 10:31 PM posted to rec.gardens
doofy doofy is offline

Default California Buckwheat

I'm thinking of planting some of this on my patio to draw some
beneficial insects. The patio will have a clear polycarbonate roof over
part of it, that will overhang a plywood roof over the far back of it.
There will be some airspace at the overhang.

Do the insects navigate by smell to these plants, or sight? If by
smell, there should be no problem. If by sight, they might be
dive-bombing the plastic kamikaze style.