Old 31-07-2007, 01:44 AM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] fleemo17@comcast.net is offline

Default New Lawn Yellowing

You've probably washed all the nitrogen away with all that water. Fertilize it,
and cut the watering back to not much more than once a week.

Are you sure watering once a week would work in high-temperature Zone
9? We're hovering around 100 degrees most of the summer and I have to
hand-water dry spots frequently as it is. :/

My question is what does your sod sit on?

I had the soil rototilled and amended with copious amounts of compost
before planting. The native soil is a bit on the clay side, but not
terribly.

Kay, I'll check the condition of my grass blades when I get home
tonight. I use a mulching blade, which I had sharpened at the
beginning of the mowing season.

What species is/are in the lawn? What have the temperatures been like, day and night?

The lawn is a blue fescue mix. The daytime temps are in the upper
90's, low humidity, with nights in the lower 60s.

Thanks for the input.

-Fleemo