Old 30-07-2007, 09:57 PM posted to triangle.gardens
Craig Watts Craig Watts is offline

Default no tomatoes

jaf wrote:
On Jul 30, 8:21 am, "Daniel B. Martin"
wrote:

jaf wrote:

My tomato plants are 6', never had them that large before BUT I have
very few tomatoes or flowers. What gives?

Too much fertilizer may cause this phenomenon.

Daniel B. Martin

Thanks, I have been giving them miracle grow every two weeks, I'll cut
that in half and give them half the amount every two weeks

I concur Daniel. Back home as a kid we had a family garden
and did the same thing. Tomato plants the size of pine trees
but no fruit.

FWIW- I strategically fertilize now. First, as young
plantings, then right after the first flowers set and then
after the first harvest and the second set of flowers finish.

HTH

Craig