Old 30-07-2007, 11:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default glyphosate

On 30/7/07 18:20, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

On Mon, 30 Jul 2007 15:14:55 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

On 30/7/07 14:53, in article
,
"Martin" wrote:

On Mon, 30 Jul 2007 14:30:24 +0200, Emery Davis
wrote:

On Mon, 30 Jul 2007 11:29:54 -0000
" wrote:

On Jul 30, 8:36 am, "Uncle Marvo"
, I, Marvo, say :

I don't claim to be a wine expert ...

From where I'm sitting that looks like modesty in the extreme :-)

Believe me it is - he is an expert.

The trouble with claiming to be an expert is that people might actually
expect you to be one!

I know many who are more knowledgeable about wine than I, who don't
claim to be experts. There's a poster here in urg who may well leave me
in the dust.

Hugh Johnson and Jancis Robinson are experts; I'm a dabbler. (I do
enjoy dabbling, though! )

So tell us, now that we have established that organic wine has the same
chemicals added to it as el cheapo plonk, why we should pay a premium for
organic wine?

My guess is because it's weeded and generally looked after by hand and
because when it's harvested, it's picked by hand. (see Chateau Romanin
again) But that is just my guess.

That is irrelevant to the final result.

You asked why we should pay a premium for organic wine and those are some
possible reasons - more labour intensive. Perhaps.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk