Old 31-07-2007, 03:11 AM posted to rec.gardens.roses

Default Rose pruning dilemma

I remember the mid 80's one year I think 4 National holidays were floods
of 800, 400, 200, 100 year levels. The 800 put 17 inches overnight in
our backyard - Round Rock. - The rock was under water.

Martin
http://lufkinced.com/weather_station...eather_001.htm

Martin H. Eastburn
TSRA, Life; NRA LOH & Endowment Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot's Medal.
http://lufkinced.com/

Gail Futoran wrote:
"chasnewbie" wrote in message
Just a quick note to say many thanks to you both Gail and Greenie,
you're advice has been most helpful and educational. My plan is to
leave the roses until winter and prune them back as you suggested.

That sounds like a great plan. Let us know
how it works.

Now, if you could give me some advice on how to stop the torrential
rain we've been having in Britain lately, I'd be reallly impressed!

We're dealing with our own rain problems
in Texas. Some small towns have
experienced a lot of damage, although the
area where I live is doing ok - nothing like
our floods of 1998 and 2002.

Stay safe!

Gail
near San Antonio TX USA Zone 8