Old 31-07-2007, 03:51 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Galen Hekhuis Galen Hekhuis is offline

Default Bigger pond

This guy and his wife came over and asked if I needed any work done
around the place. I told 'em sure, and then we got to "talking" and I
found out that the husband of the team used to drive heavy equipment.
Well, one thing lead to another, we rented a backhoe, and (among other
things) the pond is bigger now. I pumped out the water from the
existing pond (which didn't take too long, as dry as it's been), then
the guy dug a hole which nearly doubled the pond size. The thing used
to be roughly 60 feet in diameter and roughly circular. Now it looks
like two circles about 60 feet in diameter that are jammed together.
It is real ugly right now, we got only about 1/4 inch of rain today,
so the thing hardly has any water in it. I'm running the garden hose
in it, but it doesn't hardly do anything in a pond that size. It's
hard to say anything positive about water knowing the troubles it has
caused in the UK and even closer in Texas, but right now I'd be happy
with a tropical storm or two, or 30. Did I mention how dry it is
here?
--
Galen Hekhuis
Hell hath no fury like a bird in the hand