Old 31-07-2007, 03:52 PM posted to rec.gardens
doofy doofy is offline

Default California Buckwheat

Jim Kingdon wrote:
Do the insects navigate by smell to these plants, or sight? If by
smell, there should be no problem. If by sight, they might be
dive-bombing the plastic kamikaze style.

I've never heard of insects hitting a stationary window (or clear
roof) as being a problem. Birds, yes. So I can't speak with any
authority, or real knowledge, but if it were me I wouldn't worry about
it.

I was sort of kidding about the dive bombing. Mostly was just wondering
if they navigate by smell, and can figure the location of something.
Given the nature of flies, for instance, they're probably quite good at it.