Old 31-07-2007, 06:31 PM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] thatguysgirlfriend@gmail.com is offline

Default Insect identification: "jumping eggs" in the Sacramento Valley

On Jul 27, 3:41 pm, Lar wrote:
wrote:
wasp larvae inside? what kind of wasps and should we try to get rid of
them?

No need to do anything about them...there are hundreds if not thousands
of species of wasps around your home and most are very tiny and very
beneficial. Not sure if the adults of these are considered beneficial
or as most insects, placed in the of no consequence group.

Lar

Thank you for all your insight as to what this mysterious "thing" was
all over my patio. Thousands of them have been collecting in a
plastic "doggie" pool and creating quite some confusion around my
house. Nobody seemed to believe what we were seeing. I looked up
jumping oak gall and that is exactly what they are. We have MANY oak
trees in the ravine behind our home so these little buggers are
everwhere!

Lori