Old 31-07-2007, 07:03 PM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] fleemo17@comcast.net is offline

Default Dahlias

I have dealt with Swan Island Dahlias and can recommend them whole-
heartedly. Their selection is wonderful, the tubers arrived in great
condition, and 100% of them successfully sprouted for me. (I ordered
20 tubers this past spring.) My brother-in-law, who is a dahlia
aficionado, turned me on to them. He made a large purchase from them
this past spring as well and had great results. In fact, he visited
last weekend with two coffee cans full of the most beautiful dahlia
blooms I've ever seen, most of which were from Swan Island, I do
believe. I would not hesitate to purchase from them.

By the way, my favorite this season is Razzmatazz. The stems are a
bit on the short side, but the color is spectacular. (See http://tinyurl.com/2zshne
though the photo doesn't do it justice.)

Happy growing!

-Fleemo

Has anyone dealt with Swan Island Dahlias? I am thinking of making
a large purchase from them.