Old 01-04-2003, 06:32 PM
Shiva

Default first bud

Susan H. Simko wrote:

Me? Not cut roses? I want that fragrance and I want it in my house and
all around me! *grin*

More and more you sound like me, with your roses. What I love is that
there is no price to pay for cutting--you just get more roses!

I've been taking photographs of everything this
year so I'll probably just take a photo of the cut rose and then scan
that. After all I don't want to crush a perfectly good rose in my
scanner as I don't have quite as many roses as some other people do!

They don't crush, you prop the lid up. I'll post a few. If you are taking
photos, though, you don't need to scan them. I just don't have the time to
take pictures and develop the film, and I have no digital camera, so I
have scanned them because it is fast and sometimes pretty in its own way.

Funny, I love red roses but only if they have scent. Florist roses
always irritate me due to the lack of scent and because most of the time
they never even open because the stems are damaged under the heads even
when they've been wired.

This is true. I am coaxing mine along, and about half have opened.

My favourite cut flower from a store are
alstroemeria lilies. However, since I also have an entire bed devoted
to them that should be coming into flower this year, the s.o. may have
to come up with something else...

Is this the same as a Peruvian Lily??

I was actually in Raleigh yesterday when the precip was happening. What
I saw was rain = slush = hail = slush = hail = rain as I was in out
and out of HomeGoods, Petsmart and the grocery store.

Homegoods? What is that? Can there be some retail I've missed? G