Old 31-07-2007, 05:26 PM posted to sci.bio.food-science,sci.chem,rec.gardens.edible,sci.agriculture.fruit,sci.bio.botany
cognite tute cognite tute is offline

Default Why do ripe fruits - especially when canned - smell bad?

Radium wrote:
On Jun 10, 9:49 am, Bill Penrose wrote:

Okay, there's your answer. It is also true that food companies go to
some lengths to prevent these processes, so don't rule out the brain
tumor hypothesis either.

Ever since I was born, I've perceived the smell of ripe fruits to be
bad. Nothing has changed in terms of that. If I ever had a brain
tumor, the signs would show, and there would be other neurological
symptoms as well -- such as paralysis, involuntary movements, impaired
vision/hearing, visual/auditory hallucinations, impaired balance,
dizziness, vertigo, memory loss, false memories, distortion of
existing memories, loss of awareness, decreased level of
consciousness, alteration in sense of time, dissociative states,
tinnitus, etc.

I have a co-worker that thinks tomatoes smell somthing like kerosene.

absolutely refuses to eat anything w tomatoes in it.

He also thinks chocolate smells bad. forget what he said as to what it
smells like to him.

otherwise he seems perfectly normal.

as to your affliction, because it is uniquely yours, if you percieve
canned fresh fruit to smell bad.

the question you should ask is:

IS there anyone else who agrees with me?

Until you find someone with a similar affliction, further discussion if
futile.

You are asking questions about something only you can percieve.

j.