Old 31-07-2007, 04:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Uncle Marvo Uncle Marvo is offline

Default glyphosate

this in , I, Marvo, say
:

In article ,
Emery Davis wrote:

On Tue, 31 Jul 2007 04:41:42 -0700
" wrote:

On Jul 31, 11:35 am, Emery Davis wrote:
I pay my mole catcher with wine. He doesn't actually drink anymore
himself,
so I usually try to give something his wife can enjoy as an
aperitif, like a
Coteaux du Layon or Muscat de Beaumes de Venise. It's a great
deal for me, he's a very talented fellow with the old trap!

Emery how far are you from me (en France)

If it's the mole catcher you covet, sorry. Too far. We're near
Argentan in the
Orne, maybe 250 miles from you.

Anyway, he is slowing down. Had a heart attack that worried us all,
but he actually
seems better for it (no doubt now on the proper medication) and
insists on continuing
the moley duties. He was postman for the village his whole life --
his family had the
little grocery/post, now long gone -- so he's great for a natter
about the youthful
indiscretions of the town council.

Finding a good mole catcher is difficult these days.

We just paint the moles with a mixture of glyphosate and cheap plonk
it seems to do the trick.

The other option is to stick on some bunny ears (on the mole, obv) and then
get the dog to chase them away

:-)