Old 31-07-2007, 05:07 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
MLF MLF is offline

Default Best paint for deck by pond?

"Phyllis and Jim" wrote in message
ups.com...
BTW: Such wood is "termite resistant", but not termite proof.

Yeah. We don't put it into the ground. Even our RR ties are
sometimes hit by the termites. With the dock, we set the ground-
contact posts with cone-up tops that we can see. At least we will
know if termites go after it.

A good idea. However, if I was concerned about the pond and termites, I
think I'd use concrete underground. Those heavy cardboard tubes filled with
concrete for footings are very good and not too expensive.

Michael
New Orleans, Louisiana USA